Pouring rain, inches of mud, standing water everywhere: Still not as bad as an earthquake. (The puppies may disagree, however.)
- I find it helpful to write down some project goals and check back with them from time to time. The following were the goals I wrote down last year, with the results written in bold italics.
- Finish my home page update. Check.
- Finish setting up the new home server. Check.
- Finish Microsoft MCTS certification. I’ve already taken the 70-536 exam, I just need to finish studying and take the 70-528 exam. I’m also required to get some certifications for work this year. Check: MCTS and Security+ certs obtained.
- Learn more about Silverlight and WPF. This is something I want to get at least a rudimentary knowledge of, but I don’t want to sacrifice everything else for it. I peeked at Silverlight now and then but nothing significant.
- Learn more about Flash. My goal is to create a flash “thing” for my home page. Not really sure what the “thing” will be yet. I need to look at some other flash things on other sites to get some ideas. A first step in this process would be to find some software for actually creating flash things. Did not do anything more than glance at Flash – enough to see I don’t care for it.
- Use more jQuery in web projects. Check: Used in some work projects and my home page.
- Do something with my hostgator web host or cancel it. Maybe convert it to an ASP.NET host so I can try out some Microsoft stuff there. UPDATE: Oops, hostgator doesn’t have Windows hosting. Check: Moved my home page to Hostgator.
- Move some more of my projects to Google Code. Check: I have a few projects there now, including my home page code.
- Give Ubuntu or some other Linux variant a serious trial. Check: I used Ubuntu for quite a while in my media center PC.
- Write some music. I haven’t done much of anything musical since about 2001, and I think it’s about time to change that. I need to organize the studio and make it as easy as possible to just sit down and start creating something. Check: I wrote a new song during Christmas vacation, giving me a total of two new songs for the year.
- Try creating a regular podcast. I don’t really have a good topic, though. I’m thinking it should be something with a local flavor, though. Maybe something instructional. Check: I did record 3 or 4 episodes of a podcast, but I didn’t think it was very good.
- I also have this crazy idea to do some short cell animations. Didn’t do much of anything with this.
Goals for 2010 will be in another post.
Mirror’s Edge: Finished. Decent game, although I think it would have been better with a third-person view so you could see the gymnastics.
This one spot in Mirror’s Edge is annoyingly hard.. repeating the same section over and over and over again is really not very fun.
Once again I can’t help but notice… there’s really nothing to do on the Internet.
Bella did a “down” this evening without a lure!
[[p -Saint’s profound statement for this morning.
Just registered Bella’s microchip.. they didn’t mention it costs $17/year. We’ll have to hope she runs away someday to recoup that cost.
“All the world’s a chew toy” -Cyn, about Saint the collie puppy
Bella has done 5 downs today!! I’m so proud. 🙂